Although I could quite literally type pages and pages of this I want to give you the bitesize version of what it takes to build a brand on Amazon.
Why is branding so important?
People want to be a part of a brand that they trust and provides them a sense of belonging.
Branding creates a sense of belonging; to a community they want to be a part of.
Let’s be real, we all like nice things; accessories, cars, watches, clothes, etc.
And we have also shown that we will pay for the logo/brand over paying for the cheapest cost.
- Nike – Just go to Walmart instead
- Ferrari – Why don’t you get a beat up Camry?
- Rolex – You can find a watch just about anywhere for $5
Now, these are large brands I’m mentioning, but the aspect is the same.
Branding gives you an edge because people will pay to be a part of it.
So… How do you build a brand on Amazon?
The obvious (and lesser important) answer is;
- Social media
The less obvious (and more important) answer is:
- Identify your competition.
- Are you competing with Rolex or a $5 watch from Walmart?
- Identify your mission statement.
- Why would someone buy your watch over a $5 one? What are you providing?
- Identify your values
- Your messaging is important. What are your core values of the company? This is ultimately what creates the sense of belonging as well as word-of-mouth marketing once someone decides to be a part of your brand.
- How you price your product determines the quality of your brand (assuming the quality matches the price).
- Just because the product already exists doesn’t mean you can’t sell it. Dive into reviews and discover a unique problem that you could solve with your product.
- Find problem patterns in your niche and be creative on coming up with a solution.
Creating a brand has been one of the most fulfilling pieces of my journey and I know it will be for you as well.
I hope this kick starts your thought process and helps you get started on the right track!
If you enjoyed this article you’ll love 2 Types of Fear & How to Overcome Them
If you want to learn more about building a brand on Amazon check out this episode with Amazon Expert, Andy Isom.