Let’s think about this for a second…
Does what you do today align with the ultimate vision you have for yourself?
I’d be willing to bet that most of you reading this have dreams of accomplishing something wild that you haven’t yet began.
What’s stopping you? Fear.
Therefore, let’s go over the 2 types of fear that are holding you back and how to overcome them.
2 Types of Fear That Are Holding You Back
- The fear of looking stupid, in other words, failure.
There are many ways to overcome this, but for many of you it’s going to be a process.
How to Overcome The Fear of Looking Stupid:
- Listen to podcasts that inspire you. Learn from those who do what you desire to do.
- Read more books. Take a peek inside the minds of those who have experienced the journey already.
- Focus on what you can control. You can control your actions but you can’t control what others think of you. So quit worrying about it.
- Engage with likeminded people. This can be in-person or online; finding communities or masterminds to network with others.
- Avoid people and outlets that result in negativity.
- The fear of losing money
It’s possible that you don’t care about looking stupid or “failing”, but you do worry about losing money. This is a legitimate concern as it’s likely that your first venture may not pan out the way you desire it to. That’s ok.
How to Overcome The Fear of Losing Money:
- Save up money! Put money aside that you can use for business expenses/ventures. This way if you lose it, you’re totally fine. If it works, it could change your life.
- Cut unnecessary expenses. What are you paying for that you don’t really need?
- Arbitrage. One of the easiest side-hustles to begin and profit from quickly is online or retail arbitrage. A simple google or youtube search can educate you enough to begin.
- Sell items from your home.
Either way, you don’t need a miracle to get started. Start small and build from there.
You’ll be glad you did!
If you enjoyed this mircoblog you’ll love How to Become an Overnight Success
If you’d like to learn more, check out my podcast with Amazon Expert, Andy Isom